Remove public access

Submitted 1/27/2010 by John Prush

All content we add to the estreamdesk knowledge base is open to the public. Can this be locked down so confirmed users must login first to view the knowledge base?  Also, you do not need to have a confirmed account to submit a trouble ticket.  Can this be changed so users must login before being able to submit a ticket?

Comments

Level 2 Support: 

Yes, you can mark a knowledge base category as "Visible only for signed-in users" and it will not be open to the public. Users must login first in order to view the KB.

3/8/2010 1:33:52 PM +02:00
Brian Lang: 

The "Visible for signed-in users" option is found by clicking on a Knowledge Base category, and then clicking on "Edit Forum". 

It would be nice if there was a "Manage Forums" option to make this a little more obvious.

7/15/2010 2:55:07 PM +03:00
Jerry Mancuso: 

"Visible only for signed-in users" doesn't  limit anything as far as I can see.  Any one in the public can just create a new user, click the link in their email, then they're considered a "signed-n user".

There's no approval process for new users, nor restriction for Google Apps accounts, so basically anyone can become a signed-in user.

The only way I've found to truly restrict the Knowledge Base articles from "Public" access is to make everyone an Agent.  Obviously, this presents problems as well. But, so far it's worth it to restrict access.  At least I can still keep Tickets restricted with Departments.

8/20/2010 12:37:30 AM +03:00
PaweÅ‚ Daroszewski: 

Yes, i agree. Access is unlimited, Limitation would be crutial to many users.

9/2/2010 2:58:46 PM +03:00
Level 2 Support: 

eStreamDesk now allows limiting users by e-mail (or Google Apps) domain.

9/7/2010 5:18:32 PM +03:00
Jose MorenoRomero: 

If you set it up as shown on the image you'll manage to do it.

1/20/2011 10:06:14 PM +02:00