You might find it quite difficult to decide whether to implement on premise or cloud-based help desk for your company, but there is nothing to worry about.
The decision is quite easy, actually. It is a common dilemma, however, since the first thing you need to do is define your requirements and targets - a thing most people forget to do. While we can show you the pros and cons of the both versions, we would do something different - a comparison of the two services. Once you realize what you need the help desk for - you can pick yours.
- on premise help desk - upfront cost for purchase and annual maintenance renewal cost;
- cloud-based help desk - no upfront cost, a "pay-as-you-go" system.
2. Security and database control:
- on premise help desk - direct control over database and security levels;
- cloud-based help desk - your data is hosted by the provider;
3. Management & Overhead:
- on premise help desk - additional overhead costs for managing the software;
- cloud-based help desk - no additional overhead costs and the provider manages the software;
- on premise help desk - you need to download all the updates by yourself and you can do it whenever you feel like it;
- cloud-based help desk - the vendor takes care of the updates and you software is always up to date;
- on premise help desk - you can customize the software as much as you like;
- cloud-based help desk - customizing options provided by the vendor;
As we said, at the end of the day it all depends on your requirements and what you want to achieve with the help desk.