Add "assign owner" rule action [CLOSED]

Submitted 9/22/2010 by Matt Elsberry

Hello,

I am using Kaseya as a managed services platform.  I have set my system to email the tickets that it generates to my eStreamDesk account.

My problem is that all of the emails come from one specific email address.

The tickets always contain the client name and the computer it is associated with in the subject of the email.

I would like to create a rule that assigns tickets to owners based on the subject line contents.

Example:  IF subject line contains [root.abc_rootbeer] THEN ticket owner = [boss@abcrootbeer.com]

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Comments

Matt Elsberry: 

Thread was closed right when it approved and posted.  Does this mean the request was denied consideration?

9/23/2010 11:37:18 PM +03:00
Level 2 Support: 

The feature was considered but at the end there are inevitably more issues with being able to change the owner than benefits. The correct way to send e-mails to the software is to set the owner e-mail as the e-mail sender field.

Down the road we have also planned API for various tasks including ticket creation. With the API you'll be able to easily import tickets for any user.

9/26/2010 10:01:34 AM +03:00
Matt Elsberry: 

I guess you are going to have to ask yourself where you targeted client base will be.  If you intend on competing with Autotask and Tigerpaw, you are going to have to consider your client's requests instead of making decisions for them.

Most MSP platforms: N-Central, Kaseya, Zennith all function the same in that the "system" sends the emails to the technicians.  Therefore the email address will always be that of the "system".  I can think of a bunch of situations that you would want to change the ticket owner, like when the boss mistakenly sends a ticket from his yahoo account instead of his work account.

You have the basis for an excellent product, however some of the major issues need to be resolved, like this one and the ability to group users into defined organizations as well as some sort of customized form printing.

I hope my message is received as professional and constructive, as I like your product and want to see it succeed.

Thank you,

Matt

9/26/2010 6:46:14 PM +03:00