Data retention

Submitted 1/31/2011 by Matt Elsberry

Nice to see things moving forward!

As far as the paid versions go, I feel that the 1st tier of the paid version (Basic) should start at 1 year of data retention.  Most everyone is on a 1 fiscal year calendar as far as bookkeeping is concerned.

Anything that is recorded within the year needs to be able to be accessed.  In my opinion, if I choose to pay for the service, at the bare minimum I should get 1 year of retention for my record keeping.

Also, the initial pricing seems to be on the high side as compared to Autotask and Tigerpaw (both offer unlimited data retention as long as you continue the service on their SaaS platforms).

Comments

Level 2 Support: 

Thank you for your feedback Matt. Our standard plan is designed to fit most companies (that's why it's named "Standard") and comes with 1 year data retention.

I have checked the Autotask service that you have mentioned. Our basic plan comes at $4.8 per month per agent while Autotask start at $29 per user per month. I am not sure how do you determine that our pricing is on the high side when comparing with service that is 6 times more expensive.

2/1/2011 12:25:10 PM +02:00
Bryan Watson: 

Concerning Data Retention, it is said, " Data retention is the guaranteed time for which old tickets and file attachments will be stored in the helpdesk database."

What does "old tickets" include? Tickets that are still open, closed tickets, or both?

2/22/2011 7:13:23 PM +02:00
Level 2 Support: 

Old tickets include tickets that are older than 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or 2 years depending on the plan regardless of the ticket status.

2/23/2011 11:11:33 AM +02:00
admin: 

what if an user or an agent deletes the ticket? can the admin retrieve it within the data retention period?

3/23/2011 6:29:22 PM +02:00
Level 2 Support: 

Users and agents cannot delete tickets - they can only mark them as Solved and the system will later archive them as Closed. Solved and Closed tickets can be retrieved by users, agents and administrators at anytime during the data retention period. Main helpdesk administrators have an option to truly delete tickets (useful for spam, etc) - in which case they are gone and cannot be retrieved.

3/24/2011 2:14:05 PM +02:00